The Society receives no public funding and is totally dependent upon membership in order to acquire and properly house family records, artifacts and the history of the Tulpehocken area. We invite you to participate with us in preserving the heritage of the Tulpehocken Settlement and becoming an active volunteer in the organization.
• The Tulpehocken Tattler, a quarterly newsletter
• Die Shilgrut fun der Tulpehock, the annual publication
• Free admittance to our Livingood Museum
• Free usage of our Stephen Brecht Genealogical Library
• Free queries in our newsletter
• Free quarterly meetings with knowledgeable local historians as speakers and, or demonstrators
• Annual dinner for a moderate price including a guest speaker
• Surname Exchange Index
The dates of the meetings, exhibits, demonstrations, talks and annual dinner are announced in the Tattler. These are opportunities to meet and talk with other members that are interested in the history and genealogy of the Tulpehocken settlers and settlements.
Visit and use our Stephen Brecht genealogical library and view our permanent and rotating displays in the Livingood Museum. Both are open during our regular hours.
Dues and Terms of Membership
Annual Dues: An individual annual membership is $30.00 for the calendar year and a family membership, husband and wife, is $40.00. An individual life membership is $300.00. Note – a family membership receives only a single copy of each of our 5 publications.
Term of Membership: Annual membership runs from January 1 to December 31, regardless of when you join. You will receive all the publications for the year.
Change of Address: Please notify us well in advance of address changes. Publications are sent by bulk mail which is not forwarded but returned to the Society for an additional cost. To send an address change, Click on the "Change of Address" link on the menu.